May 4, 2007
(When your blog is nearly dead, resort to the listicle.)
It’s Friday and I finally remembered to give it a try, but I only have my (1st generation 5 gig) iPod with me, so it’s drawing from a limited selection. Here goes:
- Starwood in Aspen - John Denver (I blame Janelle)
- Busted Stuff - Dave Matthews Band
- Zero - Smashing Pumpkins
- When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin Along - Louis Armstrong
- The Dust You Kick Up Is Too Fine - Sunset Rubdown
- Central Park West - John Coltrane
- Live As You Dream - Beth Orton
- Magic - Ben Folds Five
- Beercan - Beck
- My name is Jonas - Weezer
Okay, that’s a little embarrassing. Thank god for Sunset Rubdown.
Seen live: 1 (I was like 10), 2, 3, 8 (Ben, not the five), 10. That seems like a lot. Guess there’s a reason they’re on my iPod.
Wish I’d seen live: Coltrane and Beck (together would be nice)
Had never heard before today: 7. There is a ton of basically unheard music lurking in my library. I’ve got an “unheard” smart playlist that tries to get it onto my iPod.